Google Adsense

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Remember The Sabbath Day

Remember The Sabbath Day




I want to share with you a few chapters of my life ' s record. I will launch in the turn 1975, when I was 23 years ancient. I had right graduated from UC Davis and got a assignment as a standard at Peterson Juvenile Hall. My goal in life was to surface constitution impart, but plans contrary and I ended up working at PJH for five years watching criminals under the age of 18.
Three years next, in 1978, I went into collaboration with my brother - in - charter, and purchased a health food store, Artesian Health Foods II, in Tracy California. Inasmuch as, in 1981, I bought out his share, retired from juvenile hall due to injuries, and prompt worked full - time in the health and nutrition business. Owning the health food store was certainly part of Jehovah ' s plan for me as it helped me prepare for the medical missionary work.
In 1982, I heard that larger health store, Lodi Health Foods, was for sale. I took a ride to Lodi and inquired of the owners if the store was indeed for sale. The short, redheaded woman named Mabel answered, " No, it isn ' t for sale, I ' m sorry. " I spent a few more newspaper speaking with Mabel whence gave her my name in plight nymphet ever decided to sell and went on my way.
Nearly two years passed when Mabel and her maintain Dashing walked into my Tracy store and uttered, " We are selling the Lodi store and Holiness has told us you are the one who is to buy it. " " All knowing told you this, " I questioned. I had been raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and gamy unbeliever while contemplation college, so I found their statement very amusing, but I still wanted to buy their health food store.
When I met with Extravagant and Mabel Litvin, and read the business contract, I was very curious about the sentence that uttered, " The store weakness persist in closed on Saturdays. " I rumination, " Why would they want me to close on Saturdays? " After all, Saturdays are a good day for business. I looked at the books also to reconfirm the store was manufacture a good profit in antipathy of it being closed on Saturdays. My attorney, after reviewing the contract, oral, " I marveling if that could be obligated up in conciliator? "
I successive found out that the sellers were Seventh - day Adventists and their Sabbath was Saturday not Sunday, which most other Christians recognize as the Lord ' s Day. Remember, friends, I was a former - Catholic, sour unbeliever, and didn ' t even believe in a Holiness let alone a Holy Sabbath Day. Amazing how Absolute being works.
Two years successive, the Lord revealed many new things to me about life and religion. My first wife and I had irretrievable our first child who the doctors uttered was a " vegetable, " or a trisomy 18, a genetic defect that affects one in a million babies. How unhappy it was to watch little Nichole die in only ten days. This was one superior turning point in my life. I made a charge to seek out the Lord and read the New Testament from Matthew to Demonstration. Even though I did not kumtux much of what I read, I read every consultation. After all, I theorization, a devoir is a use, especially when you make that essential to Idol.
Soon after, I attended my first tryst in charge in a Protestant sanctuary. As I listened to evangelist Dan Collins ' message on the culprit ' s need of the crotchety, I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit calling me to surrender my life to the Lord. I had been longing for a new life, and sick and tired of the contract and pain caused from my continual sins. I wanted to surrender my life to God, and introspection I had that evening, but it wasn ' t lasting before I was right back to my elderly ways of drinking, ardent marijuana, and partying. I was what the Bible calls a " hardened - ground hearer, " whereas even though I had an initial excitement in hearing the Gospel, I had no depth of stain for the conversation to take root. Not surprisingly, the winds or tragedy of life blew me back to my vomit. I went through a divorce and within a term married also. It was at the birth of our first child, Giana Rose, that I contemporaneous to study, not rigid read the Bible, for the first time in my life. I had a sincere hunger for the love of Jesus and a sinewy appetite to know His discussion.
As I beheld Jesus lifted up on Calvary ' s crotchety, darkness the finish that was mine, I fell in love with the Savior. Now I wanted to go to refuge, but had a matter about which day to worship on. I wanted to know why SDAs keep Saturday instead of Sunday as the Lord ' s Day. In a way, I wanted to evidence them goofed. My first surprise came when I went to the calendar, and, to my amazement, I found the seventh day of the date to be Saturday and not Sunday. I itch have been very nescient back thus, seeing I always rationalization the seventh day of the instant was Sunday. I whence questioned, " The calendar occasion have been individual? " Also, I struck out. My search proved the fish wrapper cycle had never been individual. The seventh day has always been Saturday not Sunday.
My succeeding strife was to find one of the Catholic priests I knew when I was young, and investigate him the query about Saturday being the Lord ' s Day. I found a Catholic priest from my Catholic grammar inform, and anxiously asked him the dispute. He answered, " The Sabbath is Saturday. The Pope mismatched the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. " Was I ill to hear it right from the horse ' s orifice. I was raised Roman Catholic, and always believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. After all, while contemplation Annunciation Form, I was forced to clock in mass on Sunday or stay after communicate for detention. Therefore, Sunday demand be holy.
At the time I purchased Lodi Health Food Store, I also learned, for the first time, that the command to worship of the 7th - day Sabbath is the Fourth Commandment in the Bible: " Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD thy Omnipotent: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy lamb, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy stock, nor thy alien that [is] within thy gates: For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: whence the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and religious it. " Defection 20: 8 - 11.
I remember rushing and grabbing my copy of A Catechism of Innocent Tenet - A Textbook of Catholic Teaching and anxiously turning to the page where the fourth commandment was located and reading only the words: " Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. " It had been divers. It was much shorter and there was no mention of the seventh day. In addition to this, the fourth commandment in the catechism was now the investigation, and the second commandment, premonitory simulacre worship, was totally gone! They even divided the tenth commandment, which forbids coveting your neighbor ' s wife and goods, into two commandments, numbers nine and ten, so there would still be ten. Cockamamie!
The seventh day, I learned, is the true Sabbath. It is in the heart of the Ten Commandments. And to think that the Pope, a mere delicate, claims power to change the Fourth Commandment and the 7th - day Sabbath to Sunday? I had, like so many billions of people, believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. At first, even for me, it was strange to think of Saturday as the day Providence blessed and consecrated. But as I deep to study the Bible, I could not find one scripture to support Sunday worship or Sunday sacredness. I did find one verse that says the apostles low bread and had a defined showdown on Sunday ( actually it was Saturday evening after crepuscule ), since Paul was exit the adjacent day. ( View Acts 20: 7 ). But, Acts 2: 46 says: " And they durable daily with one accord in the shrine, and breaking bread from crib to joint. " So, the apostles met every day and reduced bread according to this verse.
On the other hand, I found many verses supporting the 7th day Sabbath as Lord ' s appointed day of rest and the true Lord ' s Day. The Bible showed me that Jesus kept the 7th - day Sabbath and so did His disciples after His necrosis: And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. " " And Paul, as his means was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures. " Luke 4: 16; Acts 17: 2.
The more I researched, the more evidence I found on the 7th - day Sabbath. I pray you will enjoy the following short presentation on the history of the Sabbath. " The Sabbath was introduced at the close of the creation spell as a obelisk of World spirit ' s magnificent works. On that day Prime mover rested; hence He blessed the Sabbath and set it apart for holy proposal. Genesis 2: 2, 3. The constitution of which it is a part was in backlash from Adam to Moses, though its details are not separately listed in the early Bible log. Romans 5: 13, 14. After Israel secluded Egypt, Demon and spoke the complete charter on Mount Sinai. Exodus 19: 20. In the centuries that followed, the Sabbath was kept before Israel through the legate of the prophets and priests. It was now of their raid of the Sabbath that Israel and in consequence Judah went into captivity. Jeremiah 17: 27. After the Babylonian Captivity, Sabbath ameliorate was prominent among the needed changes as the people were plain further in their homeland Nehemiah 9: 14; 10: 31; 13: 15 - 22.
The life of Christ highlights the sacredness and the significance of the Sabbath. The coming of apostasy and turning away from the Sabbath and other truths is part of the prophetic picture. Daniel 7: 25; Splash 13. Earmarked accent is placed on the commandments of Providence and the restoration of the Sabbath in the remnant sanctum. Pedantry 14: 12. It is to be a inspection to Demon ' s people in the days immediately recent the second advent of Christ. Exhibit 13: 17. It will be kept by Jehovah ' s people in the new earth. Isaiah 66: 23. " A Soothsayer Among You, pp. 260, 261.
Through the writings of Ellen White there runs a stable twist of urgency on the end of the Sabbath and the just practice of its regard. Here are a series of quotations gathered from several of her works, paralleling the high points of the Bible beat chief.
" The great Holiness had laid the foundations of the earth; He had dressed the whole world in the costume of beauty and had filled it with things useful to comrade; He had created all the wonders of the accommodate and of the sea. In six days the great work of commencement had been expert. And World spirit ' rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And Tutelary elated the seventh day, and religious it: considering that in it He had rested from all His work which Demigod created and made. ' Idol looked with pleasure upon the work of His hands. All was perfect, wholesome of its churchman Build, and He rested, not as one blase, but as well gay with the fruits of His sageness and goodness and the manifestations of His laurel.
" After resting upon the seventh day, Father blessed it, or shake on it down, as a day of pursue for friend. Meeting the object of the Causation, companion was to move ahead upon this holy day, that as he should look upon the heavens and the earth, he might repercuss upon Demon ' s great work of commencement; and that as he should read the evidences of God ' s intelligence and goodness, his heart might be filled with love and recreancy for his Holy spirit.
" In Eden, Lord consent up the dolmen of His work of outset, in placing His boon upon the seventh day. Patriarchs and Prophets, pages 47, 48.
" The Sabbath design, which originated in Eden, is as elderly as the world itself. It was experimental by all the patriarchs, from dawn down. " Ibid., p. 336
" In precipitate of continual transgression, the upstanding charter was cyclical in fairy grandeur from Sinai. " Hieroglyphics of the Times, April 15, 1875.
" The Sabbath was stable in the regulation given from Sinai; but it was not inasmuch as first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had erudition of it before they came to Sinai. The Inclination of Ages, p. 283.
" On one circumstance, by command of the Lord, the oracle took his position at one of the principal entrances to the district and there urged the force of keeping holy the Sabbath day. The human race of Jerusalem were in danger of losing sight of the delirium of the Sabbath, and they were solemnly warned condemn following their worldly pursuits on that day. " Prophets and Kings, page 411.
" Nehemiah fearlessly rebuked them for their neglect of duty. ' What vile thing is this that ye do, and profane the Sabbath day? ' he sternly demanded. ' Did not your fathers thence, and did not our Holy spirit bring all this malignant upon us, and upon this seat? Presently ye bring more vehemence upon Israel by profaning the Sabbath. ' He thence gave command that ' when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath, ' they should be shut, and not opened besides till the Sabbath was former. " Ibid., p. 671.
" The rabbis virtually represented Spirit as giving laws which it was impossible for men to obey. They led the people to look upon Lord as a bully, and to think that the ear of the Sabbath, as He required it, made men hard - hearted and cruel. It was the work of Christ to clear away these misconceptions. Although the rabbis followed Him with merciless hostility, He did not even turn up to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward, keeping the Sabbath according to the act of Holiness. " The Inclination of Ages, page 284.
" The papacy has attempted to change the charter of Tutelary. The second commandment, perilous simulacre worship, has been dropped from the code, and the fourth commandment has been so colorful as to authorize the cognizance of the first instead of the seventh day as the Sabbath. " The Great Controversy, p. 446.
" Since the Reformation, there have been some in every genesis to maintain its thought. Though often in the midst of carp and persecution, a constant testimony has been borne to the perpetuity of the code of God and the blessed obligation of the creation Sabbath.
" These truths, as presented in Expo 14 in connection with ' the undying gospel, ' will distinguish the refuge of Christ at the time of His appearing. " Ibid., p. 453.
" The Sabbath will be the great evaluation of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. " Ibid., 605.
" Deity teaches that we should assemble in His house to cultivate the constitution of perfect love. This will fit the dwellers of earth for the mansions that Christ has gone to prepare for all who love Him. There they will assemble in the sanctum from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to also, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the state, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. " 6 Testimonies, p. 368.
Isn ' t the Sabbath a beautiful part of Divine being ' s perfect plan? I love the Sabbath, and it is truly a delight. One day each stint, on the 7th day, we rest our minds and our hoi polloi so they can restore and renew.
While I was writing this point ' s Elijah Prophecy, I retaliated this article with a Sunday - keeping Meritorious well-wisher of mine. I assured him that Omnipotent only holds us explainable for what we know, and that rescue comes through the grace of Jesus Christ alone. But I also told him respect to Man upstairs ' s Commandments is an identifying sign of Spirit ' s true haven as the Holy Spirit sanctifies us.
He was astonished to learn about the Sabbath and how the Pope at variance the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. Mike also suffers with wearisome pain in his back from an auto case. He told me that he has taken approximately 16, 000 pain pills and anti - inflammmatory drugs since his matter six years ago, and more statin drugs for his high cholesterol of 400. His triglycerides are 700 from all the sugar and need of exercise, and he is 75 pounds overweight. No wonder he suffers from depression. Perfect timing for me to give him advice on how to change his lifestyle, lower his cholesterol and triglycerides, reduce his medications, and how he can lose 70 pounds in the process.
When Mike destitute, he had seven free books in his hands and some natural remedies to save his liver, and, perhaps, his life. I praise the Lord for the work He has given us to do in helping the sick and in saving souls for the rule. Thank you Lord for the health message and the truth of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment